Amgen Chem-Bio-Engineering Awards (CBEAs)
The Amgen Chem-Bio-Engineering Awards (CBEAs) were established as part of an institute-wide collaboration agreement between Caltech and Amgen. The CBEAs are an internal grant funding program that provides research funds for basic research projects that may be of mutual interest to Amgen and Caltech. Each Amgen Chem-Bio-Engineering Award (CBEA) provides no more than $200,000, including overhead for one year.
The 2017 call for CBEA proposals is currently open:
- Abstract deadline: July 14, 2017 - Please provide an abstract of one paragraph, less than a page. Submit your proposal to Reza Razavi at Corporate Research (firstname.lastname@example.org). By July 28, Amgen will review the submissions and select the top abstracts for full submission.
- Proposal deadline: August 21, 2017 - Selected project investigators will be notified on July 28, to submit a 2-3 page proposal. Submit your proposal to David Mayo at OSR (email@example.com) with a copy to Corporate Research (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Full Research overhead will apply and the budget should be no more than $200,000, including overhead.
- The submission of the full proposal through OSR will follow the standard research proposal process including a division approval form (click here for DAF).
- IP Obligations: Applicants should review patent and licensing terms with Case Cortese or Reza Razavi.
Questions about the application process and the areas of interest for Amgen please contact Reza Rezavi email@example.com
Questions about intellectual property provisions please contact Case Cortese firstname.lastname@example.org