Credit: Courtesy of Hathaway Dinwiddie
For innovators interested in creating a technology-based startup, there are several resources provided on the Caltech campus, in Pasadena and Los Angeles, and on the web. OTTCP also maintains contacts at venture-capital firms, accounting firms, law firms, and other service providers for startups. Please contact a member of OTTCP to discuss your plans and how we can help.
If you have a resource you would like featured on this page, please contact us.
- OTTCP supports seminars and events on campus that provide information about starting a company. See our events page, calendar, and @innovateCaltech Twitter feed for upcoming events.
- Participate in the Innovation Node-Los Angeles (IN-LA), a collaboration of USC, Caltech, and UCLA, funded by the National Science Foundation's i-Corps Program and the Nodes of the National Innovation Network
- OTTCP has a collection of books, housed on the 3rd floor of Sherman Fairchild, on creating and growing companies. See the complete list.
- Internal funding programs for Caltech-owned technologies can be used to move technologies from the lab to the marketplace.
- OTTCP can also help place Caltech students as interns in start-ups and can work with outside parties to help do market research for your venture. Contact a member of OTTCP for more information.
- The Entrepreneurs Forum holds monthly talks about technology-based topics.
- Various courses and clubs are also resources for members of the Caltech community.