Faculty Select Innovation Development Awards
Since 2012, OTTCP has worked in partnership with the firm Intellectual Ventures (IV) to promote innovation on campus and advance research and patentable inventions that could enable new solutions in fields like materials, photonics, wireless, electronics, and software.
Through this partnership and the Faculty Select Innovation Development Awards Program, approximately three faculty members are selected each year to receive a one-year research grant to further their work. The awards can range in amount from $75,000 to $150,000. Second-year renewals may be available.
Faculty Select Innovation Development Awards Recipients
- Yaser S. Abu-Mostafa, professor of electrical engineering and computer science
- Hyuck Choo, assistant professor of electrical engineering
- Azita Emami-Neyestanak, professor of electrical engineering
- Shuki Bruck, Gordon and Betty Moore Professor of Computation and Neural Systems and Electrical Engineering
- Alain Martin, professor of computer science
- Oskar Painter, John G Braun Professor of Applied Physics
About Intellectual Ventures
Founded in 2000, IV is the global leader in the business of invention. IV collaborates with leading inventors, partners with pioneering companies, and invests both expertise and capital in the process of invention. IV's mission is to energize and streamline an invention economy that will drive innovation around the world.
For additional information, please contact Mary Beth Campbell.